If you're a ramen enthusiast in Perth, you're in luck. The city is home to a plethora of ramen joints that serve up some seriously slurp-worthy bowls. From traditional tonkotsu to innovative fusion flavours, here are the top five ramen joints in Perth that you absolutely must try.
- Nao Japanese Ramen: Topping our list is Nao Japanese Ramen, a staple in the Perth ramen scene. Located in the heart of the city, Nao is renowned for its authentic, Tokyo-style ramen. Their signature dish, the Nao Ramen, is a must-try with its rich, flavourful broth and perfectly cooked noodles. Don't forget to add a seasoned egg for that extra touch!
- Dosukoi Ramen in Fremantle Market: A hidden gem nestled in the bustling Fremantle Market, Dosukoi offers a unique ramen experience. Their limited daily servings ensure that each bowl is fresh and packed with flavour. The standout is their Pork Belly Ramen, with melt-in-your-mouth pork belly slices that will leave you craving for more.
- Ramen Samurai: If you're after a hearty, satisfying bowl of ramen, Ramen Samurai in East Victoria Park is the place to go. Their Spicy Miso Ramen is a crowd favourite, offering a spicy kick that warms you from the inside out. The generous portions and friendly service make this a go-to spot for ramen lovers.
- Hakata Gensuke: A renowned ramen chain from Japan, Hakata Gensuke's Perth outpost lives up to its reputation. They specialise in Hakata-style ramen, featuring a rich pork bone broth and thin noodles. Their signature Gensuke Tonkotsu Ramen, topped with black fungus and spring onions, is a must-try for any ramen aficionado.
- Kizuki Ramen & Izakaya: Last but not least, Kizuki Ramen & Izakaya in Carousel Shopping Centre offers a modern take on traditional ramen. Their Yuzu Shio Ramen is a standout, featuring a light, citrusy broth that's a refreshing change from the usual heavy ramen broths. Pair it with some of their izakaya-style side dishes for a complete Japanese dining experience.
Each of these ramen joints in Perth offers a unique take on this classic Japanese dish. Whether you're a traditionalist or an adventurous eater, there's a ramen bowl waiting for you to dive into. So grab your chopsticks, it's time to start slurping!