Bring Your Dog to Work day!
Are you ready for the most pawsome day of the year?
Parents of fur-babies, this one’s for us!
For all of those mornings we’ve guiltily left for work, shutting the door on our poor pooches as they stare up at us adorably wide-eyed - the day of redemption has arrived!
Tomorrow is INTERNATIONAL TAKE YOUR DOG TO WORK DAY and we are so pawsitively excited.
The annual event by Pet Sitters International (which started all the way back in 1999!) aims to celebrate man’s best friend, while promoting animal adoptions and supporting local pet communities.
The non-pet owners out there are encouraged to spend the day with some furry friends to discover what they are missing out on! ... and hopefully decide to rescue a pup after seeing the immense joy they bring to humans.
I mean, who wouldn’t want to spend an entire day with a furry little baby like this? (He is taking this career opportunity very seriously)
Here are a few tips to get the most out of this pawsome day:
- Make sure your boss is all for it, so they don’t think everyone’s barking mad for suddenly bringing dogs to your workspace
- Check with everypawdy in the workplace to ensure your colleagues won't suffer from allergies
- Only bring dogs who are furry healthy and socialised
- Create a purrfectly safe and comfortable space for your dog to relax in
- Pack a WHOLE LOTTA treats and toys so they won’t hound you while you’re trying to send that e-mail
- Pre-plan an alternative, in case your dog is unfur-tunately uncomfortable
So employees, rally your colleagues and present this to your boss ASAP! Or better yet, share this this link in a group staff e-mail and have a happy TAKE YOUR DOG TO WORK DAY!
For more information, visit RSPCA Australia.