HOYTS’ new multimillion-dollar flagship Karrinyup venue is literally shaking up Perth’s cinema scene by being the first Western Australian cinema to be fitted with the cutting edge, immersive HOYTS D-BOX experience, as well as nine other state-of-the art auditoriums.
The facilities - as well as the location at the new Karrinyup Centre - helps the cinema stake its claim as the best cinema in Perth.
Featuring ten (10) auditoriums, the venue boasts the very best experiences available in modern cinema, including:
• Five (5) standard auditoriums with extra-comfy recliners with wider seating and plenty of leg room, all at the same price as a standard cinema ticket;
• Two (2) HOYTS LUX auditoriums, complete with their own lounge and bar featuring panoramic city views;
• Two (2) HOYTS Xtremescreen auditoriums with huge 22.9-metre-wide screens and Dolby Atmos surround sound; and
• One (1) HOYTS D-BOX auditorium with motion recliners.
President and CEO of The HOYTS Group Damian Keogh said each auditorium offered a unique and extremely comfortable cinema experience, but the added touch of D-BOX will provide another option for West Australians who are looking for something new.
“This award-winning motion technology submerges movie lovers in the cinema experience, with seats that pitch, roll and heave in sync with the on-screen action,” he said.
“The new HOYTS Karrinyup cinema is the culmination of over $300M of investment into renovating and building cinemas over the past seven years in Australia and New Zealand.
“We know as an industry that we are facing increased competition from streaming platforms and home entertainment, so our brand promise is that at HOYTS you experience more. HOYTS Karrinyup takes this to a whole new level and is quite possibly the best cinema anywhere in the world.”
The site also features a wide range of food and beverage experiences, including:
• Treat City, a self-serve candy bar where guests can select their favourite snacks, including hot popcorn, pour a Frozone or grab some Malteasers;
• Ben & Jerry’s Scoop Store; and
• Artie’s Bar & Café where guests can enjoy their favourite beer or wine with a side of pizza or fries to enjoy while watching the latest blockbusters.
Location Manager at HOYTS Karrinyup Gareth Dalaigh said the extensive food offering only enhances the cinema experience.
“There are three food and beverage options catering for every taste,” he said. “This really is going to be an incredible addition to the cinema scene in Perth, and we can’t wait to share the experience of next level technology, comfort and hospitality with our guests.”
HOYTS Karrinyup is opening with films including the final Daniel Craig Bond movie No Time To Die, Disney’s newest Marvel addition Eternals, plus Ron’s Gone Wrong, Halloween Kills, Shang Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings and more among its first screenings.